Springfield at Whitney Oaks is a master-planned active adult community located in the city of Rocklin, a few minutes away from Roseville and Sacramento. It is surrounded by 360 degrees of gorgeous scenery, with views of the Sutter-Butte mountain range, the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the Sacramento skyline.
Springfield at Whitney Oaks offers a very luxurious and laid-back lifestyle for residents, with superb recreational facilities, well-maintained common areas, and memorable social activities throughout the year.
Real estate in Springfield at Whitney Oaks
The exclusive senior community has 868 single-family homes, all located in different neighborhoods. Buyers can choose from more than 20 different floor plans with sizes that range from about 1,200 to 3,400 square feet.
Many of the homes feature breathtaking views of lush open space, where you can catch glimpses of wild deer, turkey, and different species of birds.
All homes in the community have garages that can fit two or three cars, and several have additional garages for golf carts.
Features and amenities
Springfield at Whitney Oaks features two community facilities, The Gables Clubhouse and The Oaks. These facilities house most of the amenities, which include a state-of-the-art gym, a fully equipped business center, a library, meeting rooms, aerobics rooms, a craft room, a billiards room, a spa, and an indoor heated pool.
Residents looking for some friendly competition can enjoy playing at the tennis courts or bocce ball courts located outdoors.
The community is also home to over 32 social clubs, providing residents with tons of activities and opportunities to interact with neighbors. There’s a club for almost anyone, whether you’re interested in art, books, travel, dancing, or dining.
Rocklin is a city located in South Placer County, around 22 miles from Sacramento. It is surrounded by nearby communities such as Lincoln, Loomis, and Granite Bay, and is currently home to around 57,000 permanent residents.
Rocklin boasts a very scenic landscape, with views of rolling hills and majestic views of both the Sierra Nevada and Sutter-Butte mountain ranges.
The city offers tons of attractions, and is close to many terrific destinations such as Folsom Lake, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, downtown and Old Town Sacramento, and the beaches along the Pacific Ocean.
It is one of California’s fastest growing cities, and is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a new place to call home, grow your business, or spend your retirement years.
Things to do in Rocklin
- Golfers can enjoy a round of golf at the Whitney Oaks Golf Club, one of the best public golf courses in Rocklin. The 18-hole course is run by an excellent staff that provides first-class service. It also features a fully stocked Pro Shop, a driving range, and a clubhouse with bar and grill.
- Interested in reliving Rocklin’s rich history? Visit the Rocklin History Museum, and see exhibits, artifacts, and other significant pieces of the city’s history.
- Reconnect with nature and enjoy great outdoor activities at one of Rocklin’s excellent parks. The city boasts over 30 developed parks and around 200 acres of open space perfect for outdoor activities. Some of the parks in Rocklin include Johnson-Springview Park, Kathy Lund Park, and Margaret Azevedo Park.
- Visit the Sierra College Natural History Museum and see hundreds of fascinating exhibits. The museum features over 70 animal head mounts, a 38-foot-long California gray whale skeleton, a complete manatee skeleton, a narwhale skull replica, and more.
- Looking for the perfect shopping destination? Rocklin Commons and Rocklin Crossings boasts a superb collection of fashion stores, specialty shops, and must-try restaurants. Rocklin Commons also features Studio Movie Grill, a unique movie theater that offers an in-theater dining experience.